- check_boxA higher damping results in a longer tool life and a higher capacity.
- check_boxAn ”averaging” of the roughness by lubricant film provides a higher accuracy.
- check_boxExtremely low speed-proportional friction results in no guide faults and no stick-slip effect.
- check_boxMaximum positioning accuracy even for very heavy loads and very short travels.
- check_boxWear-free as no contact when in use results in an eternal lifetime.
|Hydrostatic bearing||Roller bearing|
|Load capacity||Very high without wearing issue||＞||High|
|High speed performance||Very good with cooling element||＞||Limited by retainer|
|Low speed performance||Very good||＞||Good|
|Friction characteristic||Good, very good at large loads||＞||Good|
|Starting friction||Extremely low||＞||Low|
|Lifetime||Eternal lifetime due to no contact in use||＞||Wearing by contact|